Thursday 16 October 2014

Corridors

   As my main location for my film will be set in a school, I wanted there to be two differences between the real world and the imagination of the child. I thought that I could do this by cutting two shots, one of our main character in an old building/church (which represents her imagination) and a school corridor (which represents the real world) so there is some sort of graphic match between the two opposing worlds.

   I think the mixture of old and modern architecture is a good visual device for the audience to see that there are two opposing worlds. The old architecture also represents more of the fantastical and imaginary part of a child's mind, whilst the boring white walls of a school represents the blandness and un-fantastical view on life rather than to what we are capable of imagining.

No comments:

Post a Comment