Thursday 26 March 2015

Creating Spells With Lens Flares & Stock Footage In After Effects

For one version of the spells used in my film I used lens flares and stock footage. Here is how I created them.

I first went to the Generate tab at the top of the screen and then went to the Lens Flare tab. I then selected what Lens Flare I wanted and then added it to my timeline. I have added many Lens Flares to my composition and after editing , masking, and key framing all of the ones that I want, I have ended up with something like this.


I has taken a while to do, but I am very proud of my final product. The lens flares serve as a 'spell' and I think look really effective.

An example of a Lens Flare


Here is what an example of a Lens Flare looks like on my project.


No comments:

Post a Comment